1 Theme Documentation
Thank you for purchasing this theme. This is one of the finest WordPress themes. Mount Cool is packed with a lot of powerful features. We have put together this documentation in the best possible way to explain these features and help you set up your website using DesignThemes. Let's get Started!
Read the item documentation first
Many support queries and technical questions will already be answered in supporting documentation such as FAQ's and comments from previous buyers. We also make sure that all of the items sold on Envato Market have documentation included so always check the included information and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for then consider whether the author might be able to help.
1.1About the Theme
Mountcool, a perfect one page WP Theme with a separate blog section suitable for product promotion, photographer, web design agency, event promotion, freelance and personal website. The theme consists of newsletter section, social icons with tool tips, google map, twitter section, pricing table, customer testimonials, short-codes and more will help you to build websites in minutes?
Furthermore, this theme is fully responsive and retina ready to give the opportunity for the customers to reach you via mobile and handheld devices. Also, many powerful features are included on the theme for making an awesome visual experience for the viewers.
Our support covers getting setup with the theme, theme related questions and bugs or issues that occur when using the theme. Customization can be any work you need done to the theme that is not covered by the scope of our support.
In most cases, this is anything that falls outside of the options the theme offers. We work with an amazing customization team. They have unique offerings and can provide the services you need to customize your theme.
Note : if it's a minor customization means, we will do it for free. If any customization work takes more than 1 hour, we will charge $25/ per hour.
1.2 Download the Theme Package
When you purchase our theme from ThemeForest, you can download the Mount Cool files via the ‘Downloads’ tab on your ThemeForest account. When you download Mount Cool , you can either choose the ‘All Files & Documentation’ option or the ‘Installable WordPress File Only’ option. The former includes the theme files and supporting documents, while the latter only includes the theme’s installable WordPress file.
Step 1 – Login to your ThemeForest account and navigate to the ‘Downloads’ tab.
Step 2 – Locate your Theme purchase, and click the Download button. Choose between ‘All Files & Documentation’ or ‘Installable WordPress File Only’.
1.3 Help Videos
1.4 WordPress Information
To run WordPress we recommend your host supports:
- PHP version 7.2 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- HTTPS support
That’s really it. We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do. That said, we can’t test every possible environment and each of the hosts on our hosting page supports the above and more with no problems.
Note: If you are in a legacy environment where you only have older PHP or MySQL versions, WordPress also works with PHP 5.2.4+ and MySQL 5.0+, but these versions have reached official End Of Life and as such may expose your site to security vulnerabilities.
1.5 Requirements For Mount Cool
We have tested our theme in most standard hosting setups. Anyhow, make sure your hosting server matches the following requirements.
- Latest version of WordPress 5.2.3 or higher installed,
- PHP5 or higher and MySQL 5 or higher,
- We recommend to enable mod_rewrite module (If not enabled sometimes pages or posts will result in bad gateway error),
- Memory limit(memory_limit) should be atleast 256MB,
- Maxium File Upload size(upload_max_filesize) should be atleast 128MB.
Hosting is more secure when PHP applications, like WordPress, are running using your account’s username instead of the server’s default shared username (www or www-data). The most common way for hosting companies to do this is using PHP. Just ask your potential host if they run PHP or something similar.
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
Many issues that you may run into such as: white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page content and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own, or contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- Max_execution_time 600
- Memory_limit 256M
- Post_max_size 64M
- Upload_max_filesize 128M
1.6 Files Included In The Package
Below is a full list of everything that is included when you download the main files, along with a brief description of each item.
Included Files from Your Themeforest Purchase
- mountcool.zip – Located inside the Mount Cool Theme folder, this is the installable WordPress file you’ll need to install or update Mount Cool manually.
- mountcool-child.zip – Located inside the Mount Cool Theme folder, this is a child theme you can use to make changes to Mount Cool ’s core theme files.
- Slider – this folder contains exported dummy slider zip files.
- Documentation Folder – this folder contains theme documentation.
2Mount Cool Installation
You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress, or via FTP. The mountcool.zip file is the Installable WordPress Theme and what you need to use to get the theme installed. There are two ways to install Mount Cool , via WordPress or via FTP.
1. At first, after purchasing this theme, please download the package from Themeforest. All you need to do that, is move your mouse over your login name in right top corner (of course after you`re logged in Themeforest) and then click Download. Here you will find all the items that you have purchased.
2. In the next step click the Download > Main File(s) button next to Mount Cool theme and save the package on your computer.
3. In that package you can find things like documentation, license, zipped file with theme files and folder with theme files called Mount Cool and Mount Cool -child. Please unpack the whole package after downloading it from Themeforest.
2.1 How To Install Mount Cool via WordPress
Kindly follow the steps given below for installing this theme from Wordpress.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Click 'Add New' button near 'Themes' title.
- Now 'Add Themes' page will be loaded with 'Upload Theme' button hit on it.
- Now navigate to find the "mountcool.zip" file on your computer ("mountcool.zip" will be found inside "mountcool.zip") and click "Install Now"
- Once uploaded go to Appearance > Themes and activate it.
- Then you will see a notification message to activate the required & recommended plugins: 'DesignThemes Core Features Plugin','Responsive Styled Google Maps', 'Contact Form 7', 'LayerSlider WP' and 'Revolution Slider'.
- Once required plugins are activated, navigate to Settings > Permalinks, here select 'Post name' in 'Common Settings' tab and save it.
2.2 How To Install theme via FTP
You can also install this theme through FTP server by using the following steps,
- Log into your Hosting server space using any FTP software (applications like FileZilla) at first.
- Extract the "mountcool.zip" (inside "mountcool.zip") file as you've downloaded.
- Upload that extracted folder into your "wp-content / themes" directory.
- Once if the theme is uploaded and installed, you need to activate it from Appearance > Themes then.
- Then you will get a notification message to activate the required & recommended plugins: 'Designthemes Core Features Plugin', 'Contact Form 7', 'LayerSlider WP' and 'Revolution Slider'.
- Once after the required plugins are activated, navigate to Settings > Permalinks, and select 'Post Name' in 'Common Settings' tab and save it finally.
Please take a look at the structure of the
mountcool.zip archive you've got after purchasing.
2.3 Plugin Installation
Once you have uploaded and activated the theme, install and activate the 'DesignThemes Core Features Plugin' as next step. All promoted features will work only after activating this plugin.
The Layer and Revolution Slider are recommended plugins. When you install "Mount Cool ", you will get a notification message in your WordPress admin telling you to install the required and recommended plugins.
Included Plugins With The Mount Cool Theme
- DesignThemes Core Features Plugin – This is our companion plugin that is required to use Mount Cool . Please make sure this is always installed and activated.
- Layer Slider – This is a premium slider plugin created by Kreatura.
- Revolution Slider – This is a premium slider plugin created by ThemePunch.
Required Plugins Used in Various Demos
- The Events Calendar – The Events Calendar is a carefully crafted, extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events. Beautiful. Solid. Awesome.
- Contact Form 7 – Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
- Unyson – This plugin is free created by ThemeFuse. A free drag & drop framework that comes with a bunch of built in extensions that will help you develop premium themes fast & easy
- WooCommerce Plugin – This plugin is free. If creating an online shop, we recommend using WooCommerce. Mount Cool has full integration with this plugin.
2.3.1 Install Plugins
Step 1 – Click to Begin installing plugins the top of the page
Step 2 – Check boxes to select all the plugins you want to install and click on Install from the dropdown box and then click the button to Apply.
Step 3 – After you have installed all the plugins, click on Return to Required Plugins Installer.
Step 4 – Select the plugins you installed, and apply the bulk action to activate.
2.4 Updating Theme and Child Theme
IMPORTANT: Before you go ahead with the update please check theme changelog and make sure you backup your old theme folder. Download it to your computer locally.
It is the best practice to backup both your files and database regulary and especially before making some serious updates. We recommend using free backup plugins for WordPress like WPOnlineBackup
Updating theme via FTP
Step 1: Download the theme again from ThemeForest
Step 2: Extract the downloaded mountcool.zip file into a folder
Step 3: Login in to your Wordpress admin “Designthemes Core Features” plugin needs to be deleted from the plugins (Dashboard > Plugins) .
Step 4: Use an FTP client (like FileZilla) to access your host web server.
Step 5: In the file browser, navigate to /wp-content/themes.
Step 6: Drag and drop (mini-blog) the extracted theme main folder into the directory.
Step 7: The FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing directory with the same name, choose Replace All
Step 8: Once done, check the theme version in WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 9 : Login in to your Wordpress admin “Designthemes Core Features” plugin needs to be updated on theme update. You will be prompted to install it upon installing or updating your theme.
Step 10 : If you dismiss the prompt or do not see it, then you can go to Appearance > Install Plugins page and install the plugin that way. If you check the “Update Available” link in that section, you can see the plugins which all needs to be updated.
Updating theme via WordPress dashboard
You can manually delete and install theme through the WordPress dashboard. Your settings and content will be safe since it is all stored in the theme’s database.
Deleting the outdated theme version
- Deactivate and delete the "Designthemes Core Features" plugin.
- From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance > Themes.
- Activate one of the WordPress default themes temporarily.
- Click on Mount Cool- Theme Details button.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Delete button.
Installing the updated theme version
- Download the theme again from ThemeForest.
- Extract the downloaded mountcool.zip file into a folder.
- From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on Add New Theme button.
- Click on Upload Theme button.
- Click on Browse and select mountcool.zip, then click the Install Now button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- If the theme is installed successfully, click on the Activate button.
When you first install Mount Cool , it won’t contain all the extra content that you might have seen in the live demo. If you would like to import an Mount Cool demo, there are two ways you can do so. You can import the entire demo content through our Unyson Demo Content.
Importing Demo Data
As mentioned in the previous sections, you need to install & activate all the required plugins. Upon activation you are all set to import the demo content using the plugin.
- If you have not installed the WooCommerce plugin prior to importing the demo content, you will get Error messages saying the Products and Shop related pages did not get imported.
- You can ignore these, if you do not require shop. If you have not installed the Portfolio Post Plugin, you will get Error messages saying the Portfolio items did not get imported.
3.1Demo Content via Unyson plugin
The easiest way to import our demo content is to use Unyson plugin Demo Content Importer. Our importer will give you all pages and posts,several sample sliders, widgets, Theme Options, assigned pages, and more. This is recommended to do on fresh installs.
It will replace the content like posts, pages, portfolio, etc., . It will, replace Theme Options, Reading settings and Widget settings.To import our demo content, please see the steps below.
How To Import Demos
- Install and activate these plugins before you proceed: Revolution Slider, Layer Slider, Designtheme Core Plugin , Unyson plugin and WooCommerce. Woocommerce is only needed for an online shop
- Navigate to the Unyson > Active Extensions > Backup & Demo Content (Install)
- Navigate to the Tools > Demo Content Install > Select the demo Content > install
- Please be patient, as it may take few minutes to import everything. Once it is completed, you will receive a success message finally.
Pages are the backbone of your website, and most likely you will setup several of them. Pages are a blank canvas that allow you to add content with our shortcode elements. There are different page templates to choose from, each serving a purpose to help you build a finished site.
Creating a page has been never so easy. To start, go to Pages > Add new. At first glance everything looks like the WordPress default,but when look in the Visual/HTML area you will see Page Options.
5.1 Create A New Page
You can create any number of pages with content. Mount Cool includes several page templates to choose from, and you will need to choose the page template that suits your needs. All of this is done in the pages section of your WordPress admin.
Step 1 – Navigate to Pages in your admin sidebar and click Add New option.
Step 2 – Input a new name for your page, then find the Page Attributes box on right side.
Step 3 – Set your Parent page. It's usually set to No Parent.
Step 4 – Set your page template from the Template dropdown list. See list of page templates below.
Step 5 – Select any number of page options in Page Options box.
Step 6 – Content for your page goes in the editing field, use the Visual or Text editor. Page content is mainly built using Shortcodes. See the Shortcodes section for how to use them. You can also use our demo content, see the corresponding section of this document for the demo code of each page.
5.2 Page Templates
Template has several specially designed Page Templates, which can be used on Pages, adding them special features.
- Default Template - Default look where you header and footer sections are included by default.
- Blog Template - This template can automatically create list that contain Blog Posts, Archives results.
- Fullwidth Template - This template create blank page. Basically on this page you can create anything you want from scratches
- Home Template -This template is used to hide breadcrumb section
- Portfolio Template - This template let you to add Portfolio for your website. You can see those entries in section "Dashboard > Portfolios ".
5.3 Setting Up Home Page
Setting up your home page is the same as setting up any other regular pages, except that you need to specify in the settings which page will be your Main Home Page. Mount Cool includes several pre-designed home Theme Page Options. Any of the layout options you see on our demo can be imported through our Demo Content Importer, or from copying the individual page content from our documentation in the How To Import Individual Pages section. However, you are not stuck with our pre-designed layouts, you can build any type of home page you desire using our shortcode elements. You can mix and match them anyway you like.
Step 1 – Navigate to Settings > Reading tab.
Step 2 – Select A Static Page option.
Step 3 – Choose the page you want as your home page from the Front Page dropdown list.
Step 4 – This is also the same spot you select the blog page as the Posts page.
Let's face it, everyone loves sliders. They are the perfect way to catch your viewers attention by displaying your important content. Mount Cool includes 2 amazing sliders; Revolution Slider, Layer Slider and custom Slider. We also include other slider types for pages/posts and carousels. Each slider can be used on any page or post and offers its own set of unique options.
6.1 Layer Slider
LayerSlider WP is a premium multi-purpose slider for creating image galleries, content sliders, and mind-blowing slideshows with must-see effects, even from your WordPress posts and pages. It uses cutting edge technologies to provide the smoothest experience that's possible, and it comes with more than 200 preset 2D and 3D slide transitions. It has a beautiful and easy-to-use admin interface with supporting modern features like drag n'drop WYSIWYG slider builder, real-time previews, timeline view, Google Fonts and transition builder for custom animations. It's device friendly by supporting responsive mode, multiple layouts, touch gestures on mobile devices, and uses techniques like lazy load and conditional script loading for optimal performance. You can add any content into sliders, including images, text, custom HTML, YouTube and Vimeo videos or HTML5 self-hosted multimedia contents. It's also SEO friendly by allowing you to build semantic markup with custom attributes that search engines can index easily. LayerSlider comes with 13 built-in skins, and it has tons of options to entirely customize the appearance and behavior of your sliders at the smallest detail.
LayerSlider is external plugin which is included into theme. Because, for each product we purchase "Extended license" and that`s why we are able to include it into theme. This plugin works fine of course and if you want current slider version, you can always get directly from us. What you need to do, to get this slider is send us a request about it via contact form on our profile's page http://themeforest.net/user/designthemes (it is in the right bottom corner) and we`ll send you the current version.
6.1.1 LayerSlider Features
- Super smooth hardware accelerated CSS3 transitions with jQuery fallback
- Fully responsive & multiple layouts support
- High compatibility with many fallback features for old browsers
- Lazy loading images for better performance
- Unlimited number of layers with image, video, audio, text or custom HTML content
- Powerful API for more customization
- SEO friendly
- Multiple sliders can be added on the same page
- Included free slide transition gallery
- Very detailed documentation with examples
- Unlimited variations of usage (image slider, image slider with text, content slider, video gallery slider, mixed content slider, banner rotator, etc.)
6.1.2 Create A New Layer Slider
Step 1 – Click on the Layer Slider sidebar item in your admin section, then click the "Add New" button and give the slider a name.
Step 2 – The "Slider Settings" tab will open and allow you to set the general settings for your slider such as the width, height, responsive, full width, and more. Check out each tab.
Step 3 – Once you are done, click "Save Changes" to save the slider. Next you can add slides, see the information below.
Please Note – You can get sample sliders by clicking the "Import Sample Sliders" button. It's a good way to learn and see the different types of settings.
6.1.3 How to add Slides to your slider
Step 1 – Click on the "Slides" tab.
Step 2 – Slide #1 will already be created, add a background image for the slide, set thumbnails, transitions, links and more in the settings box above the slider preview window.
Step 3 – Each slide you make can have multiple layers to it. The layers show up below the slider preview window. Click "Add New Layer" create a new layer. An editing section will display once clicked.
Step 4 – The layer editing section has 5 tabs; Content, Transition, Link, Styles, Attributes. Content tab is where you add your content, Transition tab is where you set all the timings and animations, Link tab is where you can set the content to link, Styles tab is where you set custom styles, Attributes tab is where you can add custom id's or classes.
Step 5 – Click on the Content Tab and enter your text, image or video or custom HTML content. Then set your transitions, links, styles and attributes if needed.
Step 6 – Click the "Enter Preview" button to view a preview of the slider and layers.
Step 7 – When finished, click "Save Changes" to save it. Repeat process for more slides.
6.2 Revolution Sliders
Revolution Slider is a premium slider available as a WordPress plugin, jQuery plugin, and as a Concrete5 add-on. It's gained huge popularity in the WordPress community due to it's huge range of features and ease of use. In this review we're going to cover just a few of the features of the Revolution Slider WordPress Plugin, and then we'll show you just how easy it is to make your own sliders from scratch.
The plugin is responsive ready and includes multiple slider layout options to make your life easier. Choose from fixed, custom, auto-responsive and full-screen. The Fixed and Custom layout options allow you to set your slider size using exact pixels, and with the Custom option you have additional options to vary the slider size at various screen widths. Or if you don't want to put effort into calculating your sizes, you can use the Auto-Responsive option that will automatically create slides that match the width of your theme (you still need to set the layer container size however). The most unique layout option is Full-Screen. With this option you can create fantastic sliders that literally fill your entire screen, no matter the size of your browser or device (you can even use this option to add full screen sliders with videos for even more impact).
Revolution Slider makes it easy for your to create custom sliders by adding in options for just about everything. Choose your slide delay, navigation arrows, slider location (add margins), add media layers, select slide transition and more all using the drop-down menus throughout the plugin.
Add text, links, images and videos with a few clicks of your mouse. This gives you the ability to create information rich slides that your readers and clients will be able to identify with. Plus each of these media types is added as its own layer with unique animations, timing and styles that you set using Revolution Sliders super options. Revolution Slider Guide
First you'll nee to get a copy of the Slider Revolution WordPress Plugin. After you've installed the plugin, it should add a menu item to your main WordPress dashboard. Now you can start building your sliders!
You have two options – begin from scratch, or snag a free export file from the Revolution Slider demo to help get you started (just click on the "Example Files" link on the right upper section of their site). If you choose to import a sample slider, click on the Import button, browse for your sample file and click Upload.
6.2.1 How To Create A New Revolution Slider
Step 1 – Click on the Revolution Slider sidebar item in your admin section, then click the Create New Slider button.
Step 2 – Insert a slider name and alias. The alias text will generate a shortcode that can be used in the editing field of pages or posts.
Step 3 – Then select the Source Type. If you choose Posts or Specific Posts, please refer to the Revolution Slider Docs for information on how to set that up.
Step 4 – Then select the Slider Layout type, each type will have its own settings. Set the Grid and Responsive settings here also. View the layout example diagram below this area to understand what each section is.
Step 5 – On the right hand side are many other options you can set. All are self explanatory with descriptions. Test them out.
Step 6 – Once you are done, click Create Slider and your new slider will be made.
6.2.3 How To Import Revolution Sliders
Step 1 – Go the the Revolution Slider tab in your WP Admin, and click the Import Slider button.
Step 2 – Choose the .ZIP file of the slider you'd like to import.
Step 3 – Once you've chosen the .ZIP file, an Import Slider button will appear.
Step 4 – Click the Import Slider button, and wait for it to finish uploading.
Step 5 – Once it's finished uploading, you will now see your imported slider in the list of Revolution Sliders available.
7.2.4 How To Export Revolution Sliders
Step 1 – Go the the Revolution Slider tab in your WP Admin, and open the slider you'd like to export.
Step 2 – Switch to the Slider Settings tab on the top of the page.
Step 3 – On the right, you will find the 'Import / Export / Replace' dropdown. Click it to expand the tab and view the options.
Step 4 – Switch to the Export tab, and click the Export Slider button.
Step 5 – Once it's finished downloading, you will receive a .ZIP file of your slider.
Mount Cool has an advanced Buddha Theme Options panel that is loaded with lot of options. We have the options organized into logical tabbed sections, and each option has a description of what it will do on the front end. Because of the sizable amount of options Mount Cool provides, we cannot go over them in full detail here in our documentation.
We encourage you to please take some time and navigate through each tab to see what we offer. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Mount Cool > Budhha Theme Options in your WordPress admin to access the Buddha Theme Options panel. You can also backup your theme options by clicking on the Backup tab. That is a great way to move your custom options from site to site. See below for screenshots and short descriptions of our Buddha Theme Options panel.
7.1 General Options
In this section you can set up some general options for your site. Please check below options available in this section,
- Logo - Upload logo that fits the best for your homepage layout
- Retina Logo - Upload logo that fits the best for your homepage layout (retina logo must be 2x larger than the regular homepage logo)
The General Settings tab has options relevant to the entire site such as a logo, favicon, default intro content, breadcrumbs, mailchimp, top bar settings and more.
Appearance Settings - Here you can change the appearance of the theme Please check below options available in this section,
- Header - To Change the Header Style option with Header 1, Header 2, and Header 3 as three choices presented as visually showing.
- Menu - To Change the Menu section appearance and behavior styles.
- Body - To customize the body portion of the theme like font, color & etc.
- Footer - To customize the footer portion of the theme like font, color & etc.
- Typography - To customize the Font color, size, type from H1 upto H6
- Layout & BG - Here you can change the layout of our theme (Boxed or FullWidth)
For Boxed layout - you can set the background by selecting the predefined patterns or upolad your custom image.
7.3 Skin Options
Skin Options - Mount Cool comes with following predefined 8 color skins [ You can add your own skin :) ]
Dashboard > Appearance > Mount Cool Options > Skin Options
Skin Options - To Change the Skin Style option with Sytle 1 and Sytle 8 as two choices presented as radio buttons.
7.4 Integration Options
General - To place any code, that will appear in header, body portion of every post or page.
We have two sections each for "Post" and "Page" to place code on top and bottom of every posts and pages.
Post - Single Post page customization
With the help of this "Post integration" section, you can do the following things,
- Setting up the top and bottom code for individual posts
- Enable / Disable the Most used Social Share options for individual posts
- Enable / Disable the Most used Social Bookmark options for individual posts
Page - Single page customization
As the same way followed in Post page customization, you can setup all those things here for Pages too.
Gallery - Gallery Bookmarks
Enable / Disable the Most used Social Bookmark options for individual galleries
SEO - Drag and Drop SEO Modules
- Title Delimiter - Please specify the symbol , will appear in title of the pages.
- Page Title Formats - Drap and Drop option to customize the page title
- Single Post & Page Title Format
- Category, Archieve & Tag page Title Format
- Search & 404 page Title Format
- Meta - To specify Meta data & other SEO elements
- You can generate automatic Canonical URLs for entire website
- You can exclude the archieve, category and tag pages from indexing to avoid duplicate content.
- You can generate:
- Automatic description
- Meta keywords ffrom the tag and category for posts.
7.6 Specialty Pages
Speciality Pages - Author, Category, Tag, Gallery, Search & 404 Page
Dashboard > Appearance > Mount Cool Options > Specialty Pages
- You can choose page layout
- You can choose to post a layout for Author, Category, Tag, Gallery & Search Page
- Custom 404 Text of 404 Page
- And Background settings for 404 Page
7.8 Widget Area
You can create custom widget areas that can be assigned to any individual post / page and megamenu.
Go to 'Wp-admin(Dashboard) > Appearance > Widgets'. You'll see widget areas you've created on the right hand side.
To get this option installed WooCommerce plugin. And the plugin bundled with dummy data which can be imported to instantly give you a working store with products to test the different features WooCommerce has to offer.
- No.of Products to show in the main shop page.
- Product Layout - 3 types of products layouts are there. (II Column, III Column & IV Column )
- Product Details, Product Category, Product Tag page layouts.
- Also you can easily handle widget areas for individual Product, Product Category, & Product Tag in the Role -> "Widget Area" Settings.
Following plugins used to extend the woocommerce options
7.10 Page Builder
You can enable / disable page builder for any post.
Go to 'Wp-admin(Dashboard) > Appearance > Mount Cool Options > Page Builder'.
7.11 Responsive & Mobile
You can enable a responsive option in "Appearance > Mount Cool Options > Responsive & Mobile > Make My Site Responsive"
And you can disable sliders by choosing the 'Disable Slider for Mobile Devices' option in "Appearance > Mount Cool Options > Responsive & Mobile"
7.12 Importer Options
- You can choose which demo you like to import from Demo dropdown list.
- After choosing Demo, you will get Import dropdown list with following options All, Content, Menu, Options (buddha panel options) and Widgets
- After that choose additional options like Import attachments and type of content, than click Import Demo Data
- You will get popup alert message to confirm, click ok here.
- Import may take several minutes, so please be patient while importing.
- If import fails please check this Section
- Custom Buddha Panel Logo
Backup Options These options allow you to backup and restore your custom settings and options. These options also allow you to transfer Theme Options data from site to site.
7.15 Privacy & Cookies
What needs to be compliant is the end user website, it is not the software/framework a website is built on. The Mount Cool WordPress theme as an entity does not violate GDPR criteria because it does not collect any data. What we as a team has done is give our We Clean userbase existing and new, the tools necessary to ensure that their websites are GDPR compliant. These new privacy tools and options were introduced in We Clean.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The options in this section will help to easier comply with data privacy regulations, like the European GDPR. When then "Privacy Consent" option is used, We Clean will create a cookie with the name "privacy_embeds" on user clients browsing your site to manage and store user consent to load the different third party embeds and tracking scripts. You may want to add information about this cookie to your privacy page.
This new feature is highly configurable, giving you everything that you need to keep your website visitors informed of any cookies, third part embeds and/or custom implementations that may affect their data privacy.
It will handle 3rd party embeds, tracking codes, and any custom cookie contents that you may require. The settings are found in Mount Cool > Buddha Panel > Theme Options > Privacy & Cookies tab. Enabling Privacy Bar option will give access to additional options that will help in customizing the privacy bar. Continue reading below to know more about the full options available in the Privacy tab.
Mount Cool is loaded with options for the blog. It offers many different options for you to present your blog posts, along with several different blog layouts. In addition there are numerous Theme Options and Shortcode Options that allow you to customize how posts are displayed. The Mount Cool blog is extremely versatile and powerful. There are 3 ways to display your blog posts, we will cover each method as well as describe blog post types, Post Options and Theme Options
No matter which method or methods you use to display your blog posts, the first thing you need to do is create the blog posts. Mount Cool Theme support all type of posts
How To Create A Blog Post
Step 1 – Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin sidebar.
Step 2 – Click on the Add New option to make a new post. Create a title, and insert your post content in the editing field. You can use any of our shortcode builder elements inside the post.
Step 3 – Add Categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the Category name.
Step 4 – Add Tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
Step 5 – For a single image, click the first Featured Image Box, select an image and click the Set Featured Image button.
Step 6 – For a video post, paste the iFrame embed from either Youtube or Vimeo into the Video Embed Code field.
Step 7 – Once you are finished, click Publish to save the post.
8.2How to Assign a Post Page
Step 1 – Navigate to Settings > Reading tab.
Step 2 – Select A Post Pages option.
Step 3 – Choose the page you want as your blog post page from the blog post dropdown list.
Step 4 – Once its all done, make sure you click the Save button
8.3 Blog Single Post Options
You can configure each single blog post with following options
- You can switch between following available layouts 'Without Sidebar', 'Left Sidebar', 'Right Sidebar' and 'Both Sidebar'. You can choose the custom widget area created using 'Widget Area' tab in Buddha Panel(Appearacne -> Mount Cool ) and enable / disable the default widget area.
- Enable / Disable the Comments and Featured Image options
- You can enable / disble author, category, tag, date, comment info at any time.
9 WooCommerce / Shop integration
Mount Cool is fully compatible with the WooCommerce plugin. We carefully designed Mount Cool so you can build a nice shop that is loaded with options, and one that is perfect in appearance. Since WooCommerce is an external plugin, you will find any information you may need about it in the WooCommerce author's page. Here are several useful links:
How to install WooCommerce and setup the default shop pages
First go to Plugins > Add new section and type "WooCommerce" into search field. Then click "Search Plugins" button.
Once that is done, and you see the result, click on the"Install now" button next to "WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce" plugin.
Once WooCommerce is installed, click on the "Activate plugin" link.
In a few moments you will see a WooCommerce Purple Notification Bar at the top of the plugin page. Clicking the Install WooCommmerce Pages button in the purple bar will install all the default pages.
Please Note: Once you are done installing WooCommerce and the default pages, you can go to the Appearance > Menu section of your admin and add all the WooCommerce pages to your menu. They will be listed at the top under the most recent pages.
How to add new product
Go to Products > Add product section. You will see a page that looks like the one below.All you need to do is fill those fields with your own values.
Information about adding a new product will be found at on http://docs.woothemes.com/document/managing-products/
10Translation & WPML
We will show you how to translate Theme and our Core-plugin using
- WPML plugin
If you are running a Multi language site, you need to install the WPML plugin Or if you are running a Single language site other than English. Say for example if you are running “French” site only You can go with “poedit”.
Download poedit here
- designtheme is referring to Theme-folder (wp-content / themes / theme-folder(Mount Cool ))
- fr_FR is referring to French language code
- "Mount Cool -core” is referring to slug name of Core-Plugin
First, you need to change language, For ex: “French”
Step 1 : Go to Dashboard / Settings / General and select language(ex: French language ) then save settings.
Second, you need to create language-code.po file and translate words.
Step 2 : Please go to wp-content / themes / designtheme / languages / – Here you can find theme pot file (In our older themes, you can see default.po file)
- For ex, designtheme-slug-name.pot – Rename this pot file into po file.
- Ex: designtheme-slug-name.pot into fr_FR.po (OR) default.po into fr_FR.po
Here : fr_FR is French language code
Step 3 : Open fr_FR.po file and translate the words. Finally you will get the mo file there while saving the .po file. After translating words you can check those changes in front-end.
Core Plugin translation:
Step 1 : Go to wp-content\plugins\Mount Cool -core-features\languages – here you can find dttheme-core.pot / default.po / dt_themes-default.po file
Step 2 : Rename dttheme-core.pot into dttheme-core-fr_FR.po. Open this po file and translate the words. While saving this po file automatically mo file will generated (dttheme-core-fr_FR.mo) then check front page.
Here: “dttheme-core” is slug name of Core-Plugin
Please visit this link for how to translate theme – https://wpml.org/
Note : Kindly refer the below link for how to merge the two PO files (new and old) together. http://www.marketpressthemes.com/blog/how-to-merge-two-po-files-using-poedit/
- WPML – WPML official site
- Widgets Translation – Check this link for translating WordPress widgets.
- FAQ – Checkout this page to get basic idea of WPML
- WPML Forum Support - You will get free support from WPML team once you have purchsed thier plugin.
You can download and install WPML manually, by downloading ZIP files from your WPML.org account, or automatically, via the Plugins admin screen. Manual Download and Install In case you want to install WPML manually, follow these steps: Log in to your WPML.org account. Go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need.
How to Use RTL
Step 1 – Dashboard > Setting > General > Site Language (select the langusge such as the Arabic or Hebrew version.
Step 2 – Select the Site Language
Step 3 – Go ahead and click "Save Changes".
11.1 Footer Options
Navigate to Dashboard -> Dashboard -> Mount Cool Options -> Layout -> Footer, where you can find complete footer options.
- Enable Footer - Option to enable footer for your site.
- Column Layout Footer or Shortcode Section Footer - You can switch bewteen these 2 footers using Enable Shortcode Section
- Column Layout - 11 column layouts and 7 footer types are available.
- Shortcode Section - You can add any type of shortcode here, for your footer section.
- Background Image - Add background image for your footer, also choose background posistion and repeat option for the image.
- Copyright - You can add copyright text for your footer and also you can disable it anytime.
- Footer Menu - Show / hide footer menu here.
- Content - Content added here will be displayed along with copyright text.
11.2 How to add widgets to footer ?
- Once you have enabled Column Layout for footer using above options, than navigate to Dashboard -> Appearnce -> Widgets.
- Here you can find new widget areas created with the name of Footer Column, suffixed with columns count.
- Drag and drop the widgets from left hand side and configure widgets as per your needs.
- Now save the widgets and look at the frontend for your newly created widgets.
12 Page Builder
Mount Cool theme comes with page builder which makes creation of page simpler and easier. To enable / disable page builder in post, page and portfolio globally navigate to Mount Cool (Buddha Panel) -> Page Builder tab. You can switch between Page Builder and WordPress default editor in any single post or page or portfolio at any time.
- 'WordPress Editor' button 'Mount Cool Page Builder' metabox is used to switch between WordPress default editor and Page Builder.
- If you keep the 'Enable page builder' option active while saving, then everytime this page will be loaded by keeping page builder active.
- Use 'Clear All' button to completely clean the builder area
- 'Create Sample Layout' button is used to save the existing modules in builder area to separate layout. After updating the page created layout will be listed in 'Sample Layouts' tab.
- We have 8 tabs of modules consisting of columns('Columns'), modules('General', 'Unique', 'Others'), widgets('Wp Widgets', 'Mount Cool Widgets', 'Woocommerce Widgets') and sample layouts('Sample Layouts').
Every column comes with 3 types of options. They are,
- Settings - It is used add additional CSS class for this column alone.
- Clone - Click this button to clone the column along with every modules added inside. Those cloned column will be added immediately after current column.
- Delete - Used to delete the column completely along with its settings.
Fullwidth Section or Fullwidth Section VideoThese sections comes with lot of options in 'Settings' button to configure fullwidth section. Some of the available options are,
- Fullwidth Section - Bacground Color, Background Image, Parallax Effect, Background Repeat, Background Position, Padding Top, Padding Bottom, CSS Class, etc,.
- Fullwidth Section Video - MP4, WEBM, OGV, Poster Image, Background Image, Padding Top, Padding Bottom and CSS Class.
Every module comes with 5 different types of options. They are,
- Edit - Clicking this button will open a sliding panel at very top of the builder area which contains options to configure those modules.
- Clone - Click this button to clone the module along with its settings. Those cloned modules will be added immediately after current module.
- Delete - Use this delete button to delete the module along with its settings.
- Show / Hide - Use this button to enable or disable this module. If its disabled then that module will not be shown in frontend but all the settings of that module will be preserved, you can enable that module any time.
- Resize - Its just a symbol to represent that this module can be resized to any width. Making width too smaller or too larger may collapse the modules design.
Resizable Column has all options similar to normal Column options. This resizable column cannot be placed inside the Fullwidth Section
Mount Cool theme comes with few sample layouts which can be acessed simply one clicking the module. Now your builder area will be loaded with all the modules of that sample layout, now you can just update the content, images, etc, as you wish.
13Gutenberg WordPress Editor
It allows website creators to build a website using blocks, which are small drag-and-drop units. Thus, it replaces the current inconsistent and distracting customization process. It also enables HTML tags such as section and figure, outputting solid HTML. At the time of writing, Gutenberg is still a plugin. However, the community is planning to merge it with WordPress 5.0 this year.
Gutenberg is more than just an editor because it allows you to handle website content in customizable chunks or blocks. You don’t need to be fluent in HTML or write shortcodes. You can control a website’s entire layout (both back end and front end) from a single console.
This new editor attempts to combine the best features from both page-builder plugins such as Divi and Visual Composer, as well as do-it-yourself platforms such as Medium, Wix and Squarespace. So, just like those page-builder plugins, you can handle multi-column layouts through a single interface.
Does this spell the end of plugins such as Divi and Beaver Builder? That’s a topic for another post, but the short answer is no. Gutenberg is unlikely to replace those plugins completely. You can continue to use them even once Gutenberg becomes the default editor.
Gutenberg editor is to provide an alternative to the current open text editor, not to mention the difficult-to-remember shortcodes, with an agile and visual user interface (UI). So, unlike the current WordPress editor, you don’t have to:
- import images, multimedia and approved files from the media library or add HTML shortcodes;
- copy and paste links for embeds;
- write shortcodes for specialized assets of different plugins;
- create featured images to be added at the top of a post or page;
- add excerpts for subheads;
- add widgets for content on the side of a page.
In short, Gutenberg doesn’t change how WordPress functions. It does, however, change the way website owners (or creators) interact with it. Instead of a whole lot of shortcodes and meta boxes, you will be using simple blocks.
What Are Blocks?
Consider a block as the most basic (therefore, smallest) unit of the new editor. They will be the building blocks of WordPress 5.0. In other words, everything—including content, images, quotes, galleries, cover images, audio, video, headings, embeds, custom codes, paragraphs, separators and buttons—will turn into distinct blocks. Because you can drag and drop each block, identifying these items and placing them on the page becomes a lot easier.
You can download the latest version of Gutenberg directly from the WordPress repository. You can also search for it under “Add New” plugins in your WordPress dashboard. I would recommend installing it in your staging environment. However, you’ll need the latest version of WordPress (version 4.8 or later) to install the Gutenberg editor.
- Sign into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to the Plugins menu on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click “Plugins” to open the “Add New” menu.
- Type “Gutenberg” in the search box, located in the top-left corner.
- You will see the Gutenberg plugin in the results.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Click the “Activate” button to initiate the plugin.
Exploring Gutenberg At Length
Once installed and activated, Gutenberg will show an icon in the left menu bar. When you launch it for the first time, you will see a new sample post, titled “Gutenberg Demo.” You can practice on the demo post before creating your own.
Go to “Posts” in the left menu bar of your WordPress dashboard. The new post will launch in Gutenberg first. You can later edit it in both the classic editor and Gutenberg.
Go to the “Posts” menu, and hover the mouse over a saved post to see the option to choose between the two editors. Although the classic editor option is available for the time being, it will most likely be removed with the launch of WordPress 5.0.
SWITCH BETWEEN EDITORS
You can also switch between the two editors when editing a post. Click on the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner to toggle between the visual editor mode and the text editor (i.e. code). Alternatively, you can also use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Alt + M to switch between editors.
COPY ALL CONTENT
This feature allows you to copy all content in the HTML version with just one click. You can open this feature in both editors by clicking on the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
This feature allows you to count the number of words in an entire post. You can also see the number of headings, paragraphs and blocks with just a click. Click the information icon (i) in the upper-left area.
REDO AND UNDO
You can find these options next to the information icon (i). They allow you to undo or redo the last command.
PAGE AND DOCUMENT SETTINGS
This allows you to change various page and document settings. You can find it in the right menu bar. You can make the following adjustments:
- Make a post public or private.
- Change the publishing date.
- Select a post’s format.
- Add or edit categories and tags.
- Upload featured images.
- Write an excerpt.
- Enable and disable comments, pingbacks and trackbacks.
STICK TO FRONT PAGE
This feature will come handy if you’re running a blog. When you turn this on in the document settings, that particular post will always appear on the front page of your blog. And just turn it off to remove it from the front page.
As mentioned, blocks are the fundamental unit of the new Gutenberg editor. To use Gutenberg efficiently, you need to understand how to use these blocks. I will cover the main blocks one by one. Click the plus (+) button next to the redo/undo option to open the blocks menu.
Common blocks allow you to add the elements required to create a rich UI.
Paragraph The paragraph block comes with a few excellent features, such as custom font sizes, drop caps, background colors and text colors, among others. You are also able to add more CSS classes here.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Europe's new framework for data protection laws, replacing the 1995 data protection directive. It is designed so that website owners can be more transparent in how they collect, use, and share personal data. Likewise, it also provides individuals access and choice when it comes to how their own personal data is collected, used, and shared all coming into effect on the 25th of May, 2018.
- Full text of the GDPR
- Data Protection Website from the European Commission
- Wikipedia Artilce on GDPR
- Article from Wired
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
What needs to be compliant is the end user website, it is not the software/framework a website is built on. The WordPress theme as an entity does not violate GDPR criteria because it does not collect any data. What we as a team has done is give our userbase existing and new, the tools necessary to ensure that their websites are GDPR compliant.
WordPress GDPR compliant?
An article about GDPR Compliance Tools in WordPress was posted on WordPress.org shedding light on the new privacy features that WordPress has added to its latest release 4.9.6, which shipped on May 17, 2018.
Who Is Affected By GDPR?
In short, every company, organization and individual that are processing or controlling datasets of their customers or website visitors will be covered by GDPR. It affects any business that does have customers who reside in the EU.
We have added a privacy bar, displayed at the bottom of your website, which give you options to notify your website visitors regarding 3rd party embeds, tracking codes, and any custom cookie contents that you may require. Enabling the Privacy Bar options will give access to additional options that will help you style and personalize privacy bar. These options are located in the Appearance > Theme Options > Privacy and Cookies > Privacy section.
Contact Form Consent CheckBox
We have also added a new option to display a consent checkbox on the contact form page. The label can be easily customized in Theme Options to reflect your needs which you can view below.
Custom Message on Registration Element
In previous versions, we used the default WordPress note before the submit button on the user registration element. To give you full freedom of choice, and added a new setting to show custom text before the submit if you want to inform a new user about GDPR compliance. View the new custom registration notice message field for the user registration element below.
14.1 Design Themes Theme Support
Design Themes Theme Support
All of our items come with 6 months of included support and free lifetime updates for your theme. Once the 6 months of included support is up, you have the opportunity to extend support coverage for 6 or 12 months further. If you choose to not extend your support, you will still be able to submit bug reports via email or item comments and still have access to our online documentation and video tutorials.
Envato clarifies item support here http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy
We have an advanced, secure ticket system to handle your requests. Support is limited to questions regarding the theme’s features or problems with the theme. We are not able to provide support for code customizations or third-party plugins. If you need help with anything other than minor customizations of your theme, we suggest enlisting the help of a developer.
- Step 1 : Register A User Account : Register a unique username and email address to setup your account. A validation email will be sent to your email address with a link to set your account password.
- Step 2 : Login To Your Account: http://support.wedesignthemes.com/
- Step 3 : Register your Purchase code : Forum Register Envato Code : Add your purchase code or token key to start creating support tickets..
- Step 4 : Locate Your Purchase Code: Login to your Themeforest marketplace account (themeforest.net) and navigate to the ‘Downloads’ section, or if you have just purchased the Design Themes theme check your email inbox for the Envato email purchase confirmation that does include the item purchase code -> Click here to see the download page.
- Step 5 : Submit A Support Ticket Move to bottom of the page you can see the : Create New Topic in “Mount Cool - WordPress Theme” .
Once submitted, the ticket is added to our support queue. All tickets are replied to by our team in a strict time order, from the oldest to the newest.
We aim to answer all questions within 24 hours.In some cases the waiting time can be extended to 48 hours.Support requests sent during weekends or public holidays will be processed on next Monday or the next business day.
14.2 What Slows Down Your WordPress Website?
Sometimes issues that should not normally exist on your webpage are simply because of your own cache and can be quickly removed by clearing the cache out. There are three types of caches that may affect how your website is performing. These caches are Browser Cache, Plugin Cache and Server Cache. Please read below to learn how to clear each type of cache.
Browser Cache : this is cache stored by your browser to allow your page content to load faster.
Plugin Cache : this is cache specifically from a 3rd party WordPress plugin.
Server Cache : this is cache imposed by your hosting company directly from your server.
What Slows Down Your WordPress Website?
Your speed test report will likely have multiple recommendations for improvement. However, most of that is technical jargon which is hard for beginners to understand.
Learning what slows down your website is the key to improving performance and making smarter long-term decisions.
The primary causes for a slow WordPress website are:
- Web Hosting – When your web hosting server is not properly configured it can hurt your website speed.
- WordPress Configuration – If your WordPress site is not serving cached pages, then it will overload your server thus causing your website to be slow or crash entirely.
- Page Size – Mainly images that aren’t optimized for web.
- Bad Plugins – If you’re using a poorly coded plugin, then it can significantly slow down your website.
- External scripts – External scripts such as ads, font loaders, etc can also have a huge impact on your website performance.
Now that you know what slows down your WordPress website, let’s take a look at how to speed up your WordPress website in the next tab "caching plugin".
Install and Configure Breeze WordPress Cache Plugin for Optimal Performance
Step 1: Log into WordPress Admin Area
Log into the WordPress admin area of your site using admin credentials.
Step 2: Navigate to Plugins Section
In the left bar, click on Plugins, and then on Add New.
Step 3: Install and Activate Breeze WordPress Cache Plugin
Locate the plugin via the search bar. Search for Breeze – WordPress Cache Plugin. Once you have located the plugin, install it.
Once the installation finishes, click the Activate link.
Step 4: Configure Breeze Cache Settings
The steps mentioned here can be useful for you to verify Breeze settings and to gain additional knowledge about some of its advanced features (i.e. CDN, purge cache, database optimization …)
Click Settings in the left bar, and in the drop-down, click Breeze.
- On the Breeze settings page, you will see a few tabs. The Basic options tab will be open by default.
- Purge cache is set to 1440 minutes (24 hours) by default. If you wish, you can change this duration to suit your cache purge requirements.
- For Minification, it is recommended to keep it unchecked unless it’s absolutely necessary. We recommend you to test it first on your staging website before using it on your live site.
- We advise that you keep the GZIP Compression option enabled. However, you can uncheck this option if you have already enabled GZIP compression on the server through other means such as via htaccess.
Sometimes checking Inline JS and Inline CSS might cause some issues in the site, in such cases, you can just uncheck those 2 checkboxes. Else if there is no issues in the site, you can keep them checked.
Advanced Options (Optional)
For many users, the options in this tab do not require any configuration and we suggest that all sub-options should be left unchanged. However, in case you wish to modify these options, here is the explanation for the options:
- You may want to exclude specific URLs from plugin’s cache. If that is the case, you can add them in the Never Cache these URLs field. (Note: If Varnish is enabled on your Platform, we suggest excluding the URLs from the Varnish as well).
- If you are using minification, you may select CSS and/or JS under the Group Files option to combine your CSS/JS files into a single file.
- You may also want to exclude certain CSS and JS from minification and grouping. You can add them in the separate fields to exclude your CSS/JS files as shown in the video.
Options discussed below can be set according to your requirements. For example, you can decide which type of content needs to be cleared from your WordPress database to keep it optimized.
Database optimization options include Post revisions, Auto drafted content, trashed content, comments from trash and spam, trackbacks and pingbacks, and transients. These options will keep unnecessary data off your application database, thereby decreasing the database size and improve overall website performance.
Breeze WordPress Cache Plugin allows you to configure a CDN with your website. The following options are available for configuration:
- CDN Root URL: Here you can specify the URL of CDN that you are using or planning to use with your WordPress website. If you have some pages on HTTP and some on HTTPS, you should begin the URL with a double slash ‘//’ (e.g.: //www.cdnurl.com).
- CDN Content: Here you enter the subdirectories for which you wish CDN to serve content.
- Exclude Content: If you want to exclude content (static content such as CSS/JS/images) from CDN,you can list them in this field.
- Relative Path: We recommend that you keep this option enabled. This will enable the relative path for your website.
The last tab that you can configure is Varnish. By default, Varnish is enabled on all fresh WordPress deployments. To manage Varnish settings. We recommend that you keep the Auto Purge Varnish option enabled at all times.
Step 5:Now after configuring all those options, load all the pages in your theme one by one, so that the cached files are generated.
Now again check the google page speed of the theme and it will be increased much better.
Need to increase the performance more?
- Theme Speed Most of it depends on site images. If images are properly optimized you can increase the site performance. There may be many bigger images that are not optimized and you can optimize all those images using many optimizing plugins like imagify, etc.
- Check if the server is configured as per the theme requirement.
- Removing unwanted plugins, themes added in your site.
- Finally always update the theme, plugins and wordpress to the latest version.
Use Latest PHP Version
WordPress is mainly written in the PHP programming language. It is a server side language, which means it is installed and runs on your hosting server.
All good WordPress hosting companies use the most stable PHP version on their servers. However, it is possible that your hosting company is running a slightly older PHP version.
The newer PHP 7 is two times faster than its predecessors.
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
Many issues that you may run into such as: white screen, your demo import fails, empty page content and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own, or contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- Max_execution_time 600
- Memory_limit 256M
- Post_max_size 128M
- Upload_max_filesize 128M
- max_input_vars 5000
14.3 Plugin need activation code and need update? Why?
You do not have to activate plugins because all plugins with the theme. It is common way of adding plugins in the Themeforest Themes. You can read more about it in the official article from Themeforest:
Please note that Mount Cool does include updates for our Premium Sliders (Revolution Slider and Layer Slider), however, this does not mean that you will receive an individual license for these Premium Sliders.
Due to Envato's licensing rules, we can only issue updates for these plugins when we issue a theme update. Please continue reading below for further information on the process of how these updates are given.
Premium Sliders Update Process
When you purchase a theme that bundles Revolution Slider and Layer Slider, such as Mount Cool , you get to use these Premium Sliders with the theme. However, your purchase of Mount Cool does not give you an individual license for the Revolution Slider and Layer Slider to use or download as you wish.
Due to license rules, we can only issue new plugin updates when we issue new theme updates. So anytime Mount Cool is updated, the latest plugin for the Revolution Slider and Layer Slider will be included. This is according to the licensing rules enforced by Envato, and is something out of our control and must abide by.
In addition, this also ensures that we fully test the plugin to make sure there are no critical bugs that will conflict with our own update. This is a benefit that we also test any version we give with our theme before our customers get it.
17.4 How to get Updated theme Premium plugins
Note : When you purchase a theme that bundles premium plugins, you get to use these premium plugins with the theme. However, your purchase of theme does not give you an individual license for the individual premium plugins to use or download as you wish.
Step 1 : Get into Support Forums
Step 2 : Log into 'My Profile' : Log into the Support Forums area of your site using User credentials.
Step 3 : Navigate to 'My Profile - > Updated Plugins' Section.
Step 4 : Click the Updated Plugins > Select the Plugin from the list > Download theme plugin.
14.5Theme Custom Options - FAQ
Enable and Disable Comments for Posts and Pages
You can enable/disable comments on a post you’ve already published by going into your post’s More Options.
1. Open an existing Post / Page.
2. Open More Options and check/uncheck “Allow Comments.”
Click on the “Update” button and you’re done!
Enable/Disable Comments for a Group of Posts or Pages
If you would like disable comments section for all posts and pages,
Pages : Go to your WP Admin > Theme Option > General > Globally Show Page Comments > No! to show comments on all the pages. This will globally override your “comments" option.
Post : Go to your WP Admin > Theme Option > All Page Option > Single Post Options > Posts Comments > No! to display single blog post comments.. This will globally override your "Comments" option.
The link you followed has expired.
This message is displayed because your server settings for upload max size or maximum memory are not well configured.
Don’t worry, this is a common issue, very simple to fix. If you are not used to set your server php / memory settings, contact your hosting company to do it for you. This is their job, it takes 1 minute to do. Show them a screenshot of your error, or email them the error message. Ask them to assist by increasing the following values, until you are able to install your theme.
- Max_execution_time 600
- Memory_limit 256M
- Post_max_size 128M
- Upload_max_filesize 128M
- max_input_vars 5000
Are you sure you want to do this?
When you are trying to install the theme and WordPress comes back with the message “Are you sure you want to do this?” it means that your PHP has a setting for upload files lower than the ZIP file size.
1. Contact your hosting provider and ask to increase the “upload_max_filesize” and “post_max_size” to at least 128M.
1. Install the theme via FTP.
Ask them to assist by increasing the following values, until you are able to install your theme.
- Max_execution_time 600
- Memory_limit 256M
- Post_max_size 128M
- Upload_max_filesize 128M
- max_input_vars 5000